CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: Offices of President and Secretary
It is time once again to begin the election process for Polk Advanced Practice Nurses Association. Our bylaws require that the call for nominations be published at least two (2) months prior to the elections (August). The call for nominations shall close one (1) month prior to the elections (elections will close July 6, 2018). All nominated persons must agree to hold the position in which they are nominated. The newly elected member shall begin their term of office on January 1, 2019.
This year, the positions of President and Secretary are open for nominations.
To be eligible to run for the President position, the nominee shall have served at least one term on the Board of Directors within the last six (6) years.
For those that may wish to run, the positions of President and Secretary hold the following responsibilities:
- Be the chief elected officer and shall preside over meetings of the PCAPNA and the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors
- Appoint individuals to do special projects to further the work of PCAPNA
- Appoint ad hoc committees
- Be an ex-officio member of all committees
- Serve as a representative of the organization
- Keep a record of proceedings from all meetings of the Board of Directors and general membership meetings
- Ensure that the Board of Directors and members are notified of elections and appointments
- Ensure that notices of meetings of the Board of Directors are sent
- Correspond with other organizations and assume other duties as assigned by the President
- Oversee demographic database of members
- Maintain group list and contacts of importance to the PCAPNA
- Report status of membership to the Board of Directors quarterly
Nominations for elections begin now until closure July 6th. The slate of candidates will be announced no later than the end of July. Voting will begin early August and close at the end of August. Any persons can self-nominate or be nominated by another member. All candidates must be a current member of PCAPNA to run for office.
Once again, if you are interested, we highly encourage your involvement as we continue to grow in numbers and build bridges within our community!
To self-nominate or nominate another (with their permission) please send an email with your/their name, phone number, email address and a brief bioscript of the candidate to one of the following:
- Cindy Ritter, President at email@example.com
- Robin Harris, Vice-President at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cindy Brown (Treasurer) at email@example.com
- Teresa Wilmoth, Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the subject line: PCAPNA Elections
Teresa Wilmoth, Secretary